Using the windows 10 backup to restore on windows 7?

kvisteen

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
I've had issues with my computer and not being able to install last windows 10 updates so I decided I wanted to go back to windows 7.

I have created a bootable usb drive with win 7 on it, I have backed up all of my filed to another HDD (with the function in windows)

So if I do a clean wipe of my SSD and install win7, can I later restore all of my files I had on windows 10?

Solution
Hello kvisteen

A short answer would be, Yes, you can.

Regardless of the operating system your computer has, you can easily copy your personal files back to your PC as long as they are not the installed programs.

For example, if you have an MS Word document, you can copy the .doc file back to your computer while using Windows 7 but you must reinstall MS Office package in Windows 7 to open the file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)
Hello kvisteen

A short answer would be, Yes, you can.

Regardless of the operating system your computer has, you can easily copy your personal files back to your PC as long as they are not the installed programs.

For example, if you have an MS Word document, you can copy the .doc file back to your computer while using Windows 7 but you must reinstall MS Office package in Windows 7 to open the file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Solution