Windows 10 can it be downgraded to windows 8.1

subhani sk

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
I have an ASUS Laptop X555UB-NH51. It comes with a genuine windows 10 os.As Windows 10 is still in development and has lot of bugs and drains my battery. I thought downgrading it would be a better option.
So, is there a way for me to downgrade to 8.1 or can i perform a clean install and use my windows 10 product key to activate it.

Solution
You could wipe the pc out and buy a copy of 8.1 but then your out more money and you will be nag to death to upgrade to win 10 again which is pointless I would as said above take the laptop back and have them look over it something is a miss it should run just fine.

Kurz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
I've use Windows 10 and have installed it hundreds of times for clients. I've yet to hear a single complaint about it.
Perhaps you got a dud of a Laptop. You should contact the retailer or the Manufacturer about these issues.

You could wipe the pc out and buy a copy of 8.1 but then your out more money and you will be nag to death to upgrade to win 10 again which is pointless I would as said above take the laptop back and have them look over it something is a miss it should run just fine.

Solution