SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Blue Screen

euphoricmatt

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
Hello,

For just about a month or so now my computer has been crashing daily with the infamous blue screen of death error.

This however only happens when I am playing World of Warcraft, so I'm thinking it could be a game driver related issue. I have also defragged my hard-drive fully and updated all my drivers to fix the problem, however it has not been resolved yet.

Here is a link to my latest crashes mini-dump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_moaMAk50vZ2F1UmdHcEtrUDg/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is becoming quite bothersome to the say the least.

Many thanks in advance,
Matt.

"I have also defragged my hard-drive fully "
that won't help

"updated all my drivers to fix the problem"
unlikely to be the cause

You were on the right track but it likely needs a fix not a defrag.

Try this:
CHKDSK C: /R (google it)

That's the fix for the most common cause of blue screen errors.
Also, you might want to turn on SMART disk monitoring in your BIOS to make sure your drive isn't about to fail completely. Some systems have that feature enabled by default.

euphoricmatt

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016

Will give this a try in the morning and leave it running while im away

euphoricmatt

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I uninstalled norton like you said to do Paul, I then ran the chkdsk overnight. I came back to find that it had not progressed past 10%. So I have cancelled it. Is there anything else I can do?

Could be stuffed. How old is it?

When you boot into windows does it hang on the post screen? Or take longer than usual to boot into windows?

If it hangs its a sign the system is finding it hard to read whats on it and it maybe ready to die

Whats the brand/model of the hdd? If it's a seagate, some of them have high failure rates

Run this in windows, it'll tell you what firmware version is on it now

If it doesnt show CC32 under revision, I would update it

Then see if it's any better

You can use the exe or ISO but you'll need a blank cd if you use the ISO.

Also make sure if you update it, that it's the only hdd in the case.

Unplug the others, (turn this off first obviously if you use the exe file), if there are any other hdd's

May pay to unplug cd/dvd as well.

Ah if the video card needs power those should connect to something lol. Umm whats the mobo and whats the videocard?

Does the PSU have any power cables that plug into them?? Thats what those should be plugged into

If the PSU doesnt have cables for those, you'll have to either remove that card and use onboard if its got it.

Or buy a PSU with those cables on it. If you want to use that card

Well I'll be back in 8 - 9 hrs, it's 12.35 am here Saturday !

This is what those should plug into

Those are extra PCIe connectors for anyone that has 2 video cards or 1 that requires 2 power connections.

6-pin and 8 pin are standards for video card power.
The 6-pin connector you showed us in the image can be combined with the other 2 to make the 8-pin incase that's what a person needed...
Shouldn't have anything to do with your issues...

The fact that the Seagate utility could not detect the drive and CHKDSK could not finish are a couple bad signs...

euphoricmatt

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
is there anything I can do make the drive detectable? Or should I simply just buy an SSD instead? There's no real important data on the HDD right now, just a few games and college projects I can backup with cloud storage.