29" 21:9 UltraWideScreen or 31.5" 16:9 Monitor. Can't make a decision. Tired...

GreyAlien1337

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
Hi Guys. I am having a 27" 16:9 monitor from Samsung and I am want a new one but can't make a decision between those 2 monitors mentioned in the title. I am talking about the LG 29UM57 21:9 and the Samsung T32E310EW 16:9. Maybe some of you could share their experiences and help me make a decision. The price for both is about 250€ at amazon. I know that the 29" Ultrawide is less higher but people saying it is more immersive. Plus you would have extra FOV which might be a big advantage for csgo which I play a lot. The 31.5" is much bigger but, as I see it, it will offer a bigger screen yes but it will only stretch the view which I have now on my 27" to somehow bigger so things appear bigger/closer. But no extra view to the sides. I was thinking the last 2 days but can't make any decision. My brain hurts. Also the ultrawide offers AMD Freesync which might be useful. Anyway I would appreciate any input that might help me. Thanks a lot already and sorry for my english it might not be perfect cause I am german.

Solution
I don't think the ultrawide offers Freesync. Freesync is fairly new and more expensive and that model has been out for a few years now.