A Pretty Basic Question About Windows 10

OrphanMaker

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I know that using the media creation tool on Microsoft's website here, you can create a new install for a different computer. My new computer build will not be including a optical drive, so I need to use a USB drive for the Windows installation.

The USB drive is $120, and the basic OEM CD version is $99. If I just bought the OEM version, could I skip the CD, and use the key with a USB installer of my own creation?

Solution
Yes you can though where you'll be able to obtain the key for your installation of Windows 10 is the real question since there are a lot out there that may be shady people. Once your key is input the key will be cross referenced with Microsoft's database and if it's found to be genuine will you be able to proceed with installation and if in case it isn't it'll be installed on a trial period of 30 days.

To reiterate, irrespective of the installer the licence key will determine what version of your Windows 10 you'll install/own eventually.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes you can though where you'll be able to obtain the key for your installation of Windows 10 is the real question since there are a lot out there that may be shady people. Once your key is input the key will be cross referenced with Microsoft's database and if it's found to be genuine will you be able to proceed with installation and if in case it isn't it'll be installed on a trial period of 30 days.

To reiterate, irrespective of the installer the licence key will determine what version of your Windows 10 you'll install/own eventually.

Solution