Windows 10 reporting 100% cpu usage in Task manager when it actually isn't?

wolfEXE57

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hello everyone
im having this wierd problem that even mircosoft dosent even understand.
in task manager its reporting that my cpu is at a constant 100% from the moment i turn on my computer. Also the resource monitor lists my cpu running at a constant 110% cpu usage. now i didnt know what to believe and i though that my computer was broken or something. so i tried checking if there was a virus, nope. i tried checking if i had a bad windows install and formatted, nope still getting the problem. so then i decided to try a third resource monitor. This is where it gets weird, upon running CPUID's hardware monitor it shows my computer ideling at normal precentages like 0% or 1%-2%. so i dont know if theres just some bug in windows 10 thats giving me the wrong percentage. because using CPUID's hardware monitor and their cpuz tool im able to prove that my computer is ideling from its temp's and such.
so is anyone else having this proble or even heard of it?

Solution
If you're experiencing a tremendous amount of lag on your system then you may have nothing to worry about as what you have seen is known as a memory leak whereby the CPU and RAM usage shows nearly all your resources being drained towards one or a couple of apps running in the background(processes). Since you aren't experiencing your system bog down then you are fine although you could try and perform a repair install and see if that gets the resource meter's bearing straight.

As per those who are having this...well yeah pretty much alot of people are having it.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're experiencing a tremendous amount of lag on your system then you may have nothing to worry about as what you have seen is known as a memory leak whereby the CPU and RAM usage shows nearly all your resources being drained towards one or a couple of apps running in the background(processes). Since you aren't experiencing your system bog down then you are fine although you could try and perform a repair install and see if that gets the resource meter's bearing straight.

As per those who are having this...well yeah pretty much alot of people are having it.

Solution