What Screen Size Should I Go With For 1440p?

Duz7

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
I currently have an Acer H236HL Bid 1080p ips monitor. It has a response time of 4ms and a 60hz refresh rate. I love the colors of ips panels which is why I ultimately decided on this monitor last year. Now before you ask why I go with ips over tn for gaming I would like to state that I already know all of the benefits as far as response times and refresh rates go with tn panels and I just go with visuals over those things. Mainly because I don't think I will be able to see a difference between 60hz and 120hz. Some things I guess I should note: I have an EVGA GTX 980 SSC paired with an i7-4790K and I sit about 2-3 feet from my screen. Now I am wanting to upgrade to a 1440p monitor. So here is the question. Will I see a bigger difference in my gaming experience with a 25 inch 1440p ips monitor or a 27 inch ips monitor? Some of my friends tell me to go with a 25 and others tell me to go with a 27. Please give me some insight so I can make my decision. Thanks!

P.S. If anyone strongly feels I should go the tn route, please share your opinion! I'd like to hear what you have to say :)

Solution
I was in your same shoes... Decided to upgrade my monitor. After some checking and waiting... decided to go with a 27" BenQ GW Series GW2765HT (2560x1440) that Amazon had for $350. Best Buy also had that same model at the same price.

Unfortunately, the price rose up $70 the day after I ordered.. but Best Buy has it at that price some times.... but they only keep it available for a few days then stop. So far they've done it a couple of times.

dantheman0809

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
but tbh something like that really goes down to personal preference. As well as the fact that the 27 inch screens will almost always be more expensive. If you find them at the same price, probably should go for 27, because bigger is better

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
I was in your same shoes... Decided to upgrade my monitor. After some checking and waiting... decided to go with a 27" BenQ GW Series GW2765HT (2560x1440) that Amazon had for $350. Best Buy also had that same model at the same price.

Unfortunately, the price rose up $70 the day after I ordered.. but Best Buy has it at that price some times.... but they only keep it available for a few days then stop. So far they've done it a couple of times.

Solution