How do I connect to WiFi using the touch screen on my laptop on windows 10

Migueloski

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. It is an ASUS Q-502L with an Intel i5 and folds in half backwards with a touchscreen. I am a full-time student and switch locations and connections throughout a day between two schools, a local coffee shop, Starbucks, my camera to stream photos and home. Connecting and switching between wi-fi networks used to be as simple as...

Swipe left from right (opens charm bar) > WiFi icon (opens networks) > connect to network

With Windows 10 the icon switches between on/off of the network therefore It becomes a little bit more of a hassle having to use the mouse and with a touchscreen it was so much simpler. Is there a way to streamline this process. Using the mouse is difficult with my hands always shaking from health issues. The icon is a lot smaller on the task bar and difficult to get to in my opinion. The automatically connect box is not an option because most of the networks require a network login which, for whatever reason, I have to always turn off and on for the internet browser to open and allow me to connect to the login page, which is an even longer process.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.