Acer XB280HK Display Questions

vegasmazza3

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
I recently got this monitor and wanted to check and make sure that there weren't any "flaws"

I've read about "backlight bleed" but in most cases I seem to find issues with/discussions about IPS monitors and not TN monitors, so not sure if it affects both? When I put a black screen on the monitor, it seems like there is a little bleed from the bottom and the right, but not sure if this is "normal" or not.

Also, compared to my last monitor, everything seems washed out... white? (maybe even a little yellowish... or my eyes are shitty) I've read about color callibration, but have no idea how to do that. It could also be that my last monitor isn't that great? (it is an LG Flatron W2452T)

And then... how do you check for dead pixels? It is a 4K monitor, so I doubt they would be obvious if there weren't many of them.

Anything else I am missing? This was an expensive monitor, so if there are any issues, I want find them and get a replacement within the 30 day window...

Thanks!

vegasmazza3

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
Anyone have any suggestions?

Having 4K 28" makes the text too small. So I used the built in Windows scaling (OS is Windows 7) which helped without changing the screen resolution. Although there are some minor issues with it (like the bottom of the folder with information gets cut off)