How does this system look?

Hey I'm looking for a good gaming system and I'm not too experienced myself with this kinda stuff. I was wondering if some of you more experienced folks could take a look at these specs and let me know how this system looks for around $600?

MD FM2 A8 5800K 3.8 Gig Quadcore CPU
Gigabyte FM2 GA-F2A88X-D3H FM2 MB, DDR3, DDR3, SATA III, USB 3.0, Crossfire

AMD Radeon HD7660D APU

4 Gigs DDR3 PC 1600 RAM
1 TB WD10EZEX 7200 RPM HD 32M SATA III

ATX Coolermaster CM500 case with 500W Force
Windows 8 64 Bit Software or Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Software
LG GH22NS50 SATA DVDR/RW
Gigabit Lan
2 answers Last reply
More about system
  1. It's not very good at all for games, the CPU is marginal for a gaming system and with no video card you would need to play any newer games on low settings at lower resolution (1024x768 or 720p).

This looks like a pre-built is that correct? If you absolutetly can't build your own even with help from friends/family, I suggest you look for a used tower office system from Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc... with an i5 CPU and a 300+ watt power supply and buy a GTX 750 Ti video card for it. Will be cheaper and faster than an OEM system that is marketed as a "gaming" system. Most systems that are in your price range that get sold as gaming systems are not at all, cheap power supplies, older motherboards and CPUs, weak video cards.
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    It's not very good at all for games, the CPU is marginal for a gaming system and with no video card you would need to play any newer games on low settings at lower resolution (1024x768 or 720p).

This looks like a pre-built is that correct? If you absolutetly can't build your own even with help from friends/family, I suggest you look for a used tower office system from Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc... with an i5 CPU and a 300+ watt power supply and buy a GTX 750 Ti video card for it. Will be cheaper and faster than an OEM system that is marketed as a "gaming" system. Most systems that are in your price range that get sold as gaming systems are not at all, cheap power supplies, older motherboards and CPUs, weak video cards.

Thanks alot, I appreciate it. You probably just saved me alot of anger and money hahah
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Gaming