Windows 10 totally slows down after doing nothing with computer for a few minutes

thriler

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
Hello.
I don't know when my computer has started to do it and I also don't know why. When I'm doing something with my laptop (browsing the internet, playing games etc.), everything is OK. Windows is fast as it was. But when I close my work and and wait a while, it starts to be extremely slow. When I want to open Chrome, it won't open. Edge? Window opens after few seconds (not immidiatelly as always), I can see Edge's logo for a minute and than it closes. It take a lot of time to open some folder. Start menu is freezing. It takes few minutes to open Task Manager and after that it's freezing and totally useless. I have some floating bar from Advanced System Care and it works (I can see memory and processor usage in real time and numbers are changing as normally so it should work). Processor usage is less than 5% and memory usage is about 30%. Everything looks good. Laptop looks than everything is good... To the point when I want to open something. I will be very grateful for a help.
My laptop: X55VD-SX003V (so I have NVIDIA graphics card, Intel Pentium B970 with integrated 2nd gen HD graphics).

EDIT: Laptop won't even turn off or restart. I always have to hold power off button to shut it down.
EDIT(2): Buttons like start menu, search in Windows, new notices, store or wi-fi button often don't work (for example now, but computer is running smoothly).

thriler

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
The issue did not persists in Safe Mode, but I can't certainly say, that it won't persist, if I will use it longer. Next I'm trying that clean boot. I will use my PC for a day and see, if it will persist again.