Disabling Overscan on Sony Trinitron

Jan 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a used Sony Trinitron Wega. The model number is: KD-30XS955. It has an HDMI input and when I hooked it up to my Sony Vaio laptop today, I got a horrible overscanned picture. I've looked around in the TV's settings but haven't managed to get it to display properly. Looking around in my laptop's graphics options hasn't yielded any results either.

I would appreciate it if anyone knows of a way to solve this issue. I've been connecting my laptop to other TVs for years and never encountered this problem. Thanks!

Jan 30, 2016

The 4:3 settings don't do anything unless I'm watching content in that format, like my Dreamcast. There are a couple Zoom settings but all they do is zoom in even further on the image. I see a vertical option to mess with the height but it's always grayed out. I've used my Xbox 360 on this HDMI input with the same cable and it works just fine.

Jan 30, 2016
I think my only option seems to be to go into the TV's service menu and try to adjust settings in there. All I can do from the laptop is do custom aspect ratios to get it to fit in the screen but it's still blurry and the colors are a mess.

Jan 30, 2016
I have managed to get the overscan under control. The image is still a tad dark and has some red bleeding. Also, some objects have a weird shadow around their edges as if they were out of focus. I'll keep messing with it as I go along.

TRENDING THREADS