New built PC is getting random BSODs

Chevy_Monsenhor

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
The thing is driving me crazy! I'm crawling up the walls!
I built a brand new PC 4 days ago, booted the system up, installed Windows 10 Pro and it went all good, up until the point the system gave me a BSOD with this error message: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_ERROR
I believed it was a RAM problem, so i tested the memories flipped the DIMMs, from A1-B1 to A1-A2 and the problem seemed like it was solved, but two different sets of BSODs took place, one with the message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and one that i can't remember.

If it helps, here are the system specs:
Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty Series B85 Killer
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220v3 (OEM from HP)
RAMs: 2x Corsair Vengeance 16gb at 1600mhz and 1.5v
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 Turbo
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb
PSU: Cooler Master G650M 650W

Also, i'm getting a message on the boot up which reads "FW Status Recovery Error", is that the jumpers on the mobo?

Thank you since guys,
Chevy.

Lutfij

Titan
Your systems specs just made me cringe with fear. I suspect your issue to originate from the motherboard, namely, the Killer NIC onboard. Have you made sure your BIOS and device drivers are up to date? Download the latest Killer networking drivers from here while you can also try and reinstall your GPU drivers with prior revisions following this guide. To rule out your ram kit run memtest86 for 10 passes and if an error pops up then they are faulty.

You can also try and locate your .dmp files and upload them on a file hosting site. Link them back here for us to study and locate the culprit.

Chevy_Monsenhor

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Ok, i figured it out yesterday, installed the most recent software for the mobo, updated the BIOS to latest version and i found out that one of the RAM modules was defective throught a test with MemTest86.
I returned the defective module and the system is working correctly under heavy loads so far with Windows 10 Pro, thanks for the help guys!