Audio output is being transmitted through my input

JJones432

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Hi guys,

Whilst using Skype/TS all of my computers outputs are being sent as my input. What I've tried so far:

Turning it on and off again
Disabling sound mixer
Uninstalling realtek
Made sure my default devices are correct
Made sure my headset is plugged in correctly
Tried a different headset
Made sure listen to device was off
Reinstalled drivers

I've recently bought a new computer and I've only noticed the problem since then. Is there something I've missed that I should check and are there any hardware related fixes I should check?

I wasn't sure which section to put it in so I hope this is okay

Thanks in advance

Solution
Can you please pass on your full systems specs alongside the audio equipment you're using? Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date alongside your device drivers? The issue apparently is linked to your Realtek audio device and its drivers while on the Windows 10 platform. Was this installation of Windows 10 via the free upgrade path or anew via a licence? When in device manager are there any devices flagged with errors or exclamation marks?

Have you tried re-installing your Realtek audio drivers under compatibility mode?
right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8

If your headset is a USB powered device then there may be an issue with two audio outputs converging to one>again a driver issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please pass on your full systems specs alongside the audio equipment you're using? Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date alongside your device drivers? The issue apparently is linked to your Realtek audio device and its drivers while on the Windows 10 platform. Was this installation of Windows 10 via the free upgrade path or anew via a licence? When in device manager are there any devices flagged with errors or exclamation marks?

Have you tried re-installing your Realtek audio drivers under compatibility mode?
right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8

If your headset is a USB powered device then there may be an issue with two audio outputs converging to one>again a driver issue.

Solution