Is it bad to use my graphics card and onboard graphics at the same time (using monitor and tv)

EncoreBlade

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Hey all. I just have a question. I like to have noise running in the background while I do work or play games. Like when I play Battlefront, I also like to play videos. That kind of thing. As of now though, I only have 1 monitor and a TV that I have mounted on my wall.

I have a dedicated GPU with an HDMI as well as an Onboard Graphics unit that also outputs via HDMI. If I plug my GPU into my main computer monitor and my Onboard Graphics into my TV, would that cause any noticeable damage or lag into my computer system?

And bouncing off that, if I were to clone my displays, how does working off of two graphics cards work that way? Since my GPU would be plugged into the monitor, and the onboard would be plugged into the TV. I'm asking because I've done this already and was just wondering why or how this works.

Solution
you shouldn't see any perceivable difference when doing this, and basically just uses onboard for one monitor and your main gpu for your other