Corrupt files after restore on C Drive

Curtis Bowden

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
So for whatever reason Windows on my C drive mucked up, I was given the option to reinstall it all, so I did. But before this, I unplugged my D and E drive (Whilst PC was off).
My C Drive contains my OS and the D and E hold games and other bits and bobs. So I just restored the C drive, now whenever I try and launch programs and what not, they complain of missing the DLL's. But they are all in system 32. For example, Origin complains of "The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer."
Also, slightly less bothering, but now I can't use windows search on my D or E drives.
Any help?

Solution
Looks more like a corruption of your OS then not. Try and perform a repair install and see if it brings your Windows experience back to former glory. Next time have your drives and components connected while you do anything related to Windows 10 especially on a system restore and in that effect always back up your data onto an external storage device.

Might I also ask if your OS installation came from the free upgrade path or is anew?

Lutfij

Titan
Looks more like a corruption of your OS then not. Try and perform a repair install and see if it brings your Windows experience back to former glory. Next time have your drives and components connected while you do anything related to Windows 10 especially on a system restore and in that effect always back up your data onto an external storage device.

Might I also ask if your OS installation came from the free upgrade path or is anew?

Solution