Can 2x 1440x900 monitors run off of a GTX 750Ti

Joewalk11

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Im Running 2 Monitors at 1440x900 that are currently running from a VGA and a DVI-D and just wondering if a GTX 750TI can run both these monitors?

Solution
The dvi port is dvi-i so use a dvi-i to vga adapter(one usually comes with the card) for the vga monitor, then a dp to dvi or hdmi to dvi for the other. That should be cheaper than a hdmi or dp to vga converter.

Joewalk11

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Im looking at the EVGA Superclocked version but i'm using 2 monitors so i need a DVI-D and a VGA port

That's typical of EVGA (which isn't bad). They usually sacrifice the vga port for a DP port, something that I wish more vendors would do since vga should be going away by now.

However, it's no biggy. Pick up yourself either a VGA to DVI cable or a VGA to DVI adapter and your good to go. However, check the box contents, my EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW edition card came with a vga to dvi adapter in the box.

Joewalk11

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

But what i don't get is that it only has one DVI-D input so i i use that for a adapter Ill still only be able to use on monitor unless there's a way to go from DVI-D to 2x DVI-D / 2x VGA or DVI-D to 1x DVI-D and 1x VGA

Joewalk11

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Ok thanks, That makes sence and i just looked around my room because i was sure i had a DVI-I to VGA adapter and sure enough i do so all i need is a DP to VGA adapter and i should be good to hook up my 2 monitors to a 750Ti

Joewalk11

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Ok yeah It is DVI-D and Yeah the adapter wouldnt actually fit it so yeah.

Basically my setup is 2x 1440x900 monitors both the same brand and everything, they both have a VGA and both have a DVI-D input, I have a DVI-D cord that connects one to my graphics card and a VGA cord that connects to my graphics card,

For the 750 Ti I guess i need a HDMI to VGA IN or OUT ( Doesnt matter because i can use my current cor for the IN version and no cord for the OUT version) to be able to use both monitors?

Joewalk11

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

well i was using VGa since my old graphics card had DVI-D and VGA so i just use both without using adapters.

So I use my current DVI-D cord as usual and then a HDMI to DVI-D for the second monitor?