Refresh Rate of 4k on lower resolution

Havo_k

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I was wondering if there any 4K monitors (preferably includes g-sync , and without one to compare the price) that have higher refresh rate when using lower resolution like 1080p or 1440p.

Solution
It's not advertised but certain 4k panels can be set to 75 Hz at lower resolutions. Of course, you could always set a manual profile with a custom resolution if you wanted to.

What I will say is that no 4k panel supports using higher refresh rates at lower resolutions. The problem you're going to have with running any monitor under it's recommended resolution is that pixel scaling isn't going to be perfect and at times can even look atrocious. In the end you'll end up with a picture worse than 1080p and throwing higher refresh rates can only complicate the issue.
It's not advertised but certain 4k panels can be set to 75 Hz at lower resolutions. Of course, you could always set a manual profile with a custom resolution if you wanted to.

What I will say is that no 4k panel supports using higher refresh rates at lower resolutions. The problem you're going to have with running any monitor under it's recommended resolution is that pixel scaling isn't going to be perfect and at times can even look atrocious. In the end you'll end up with a picture worse than 1080p and throwing higher refresh rates can only complicate the issue.

Solution