Various BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Solution
When I had BSODs I was getting the same errors. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and most important the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The problem was caused by faulty ram dimm. I stress tested my ram with memtest86+ and I could clearly see the errors. Finally I returned them to the store I purchased them from and I got a replacement kit.

Antonis117

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
When I had BSODs I was getting the same errors. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and most important the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The problem was caused by faulty ram dimm. I stress tested my ram with memtest86+ and I could clearly see the errors. Finally I returned them to the store I purchased them from and I got a replacement kit.

Solution

cliffflip

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010

Thanks for the answer! Will try to test it with memtest

I have the latest GPU driver from AMD, still the problem persists

Doesn't matter, drivers can get corrupted "easily", so do a clean install (instructions are in this subforum's sticky). If it continues after that, it's likely faulty memory and you should run the system with one stick of ram and swap between them until you find the broken one(s)

Disable AMD overdrive, it's a known cause of crashes

Wouldn't be surprised if Acronis file explorer is causing a crash. Files belonging to it can crash windows

I would uninstall that Norton/Symantec program, it's a known cause of crashes, then use their removal tool

cliffflip

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Here's the test results from memtest86+

Ram A slot 1 -> 10 passes = no errors
Ram B slot 1 -> 10 passes = 55 errors
Ram B slot 2 -> 11 passses = 292 errors
Ram A slot 2 ->11 passes = no errors

So it's positive that ram B is bad, right?
Now I'm running on the latest combination (Ram A slot 2) without a problem in more than 10 hours.

Will wait a few more days before I mark this as solved, thanks!

If you get any errors, you've got bad memory, either hardware or unsupported timings. Memory is cheap though, so replacing it is the best option

Antonis117

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Nice, it seems you spotted the stick with the problem. Now if you purchased the two sticks together as a kit, you will have to return them both to the shop you bought them from and they will replace them because ram has lifetime warranty.

TRENDING THREADS