Bios Corruption Help

Ramy523

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
Hello,

So I had a problem with my hp sleekbook 15 where randomly my computer would shut down and when i would attempt to reboot it, it would flash the caps lock 2 times wait and flash it 2 times again. But after waiting for about 5-10 minutes the computer would boot up like normal. The website stated the caps lock flashing twice shows a bios corruption failure. So I updated the bios and I was wondering does updating the bios fix a bios corruption? And also if I upgrade my windows 10 x32 to a windows 10 x64 since its 64 bit capable will It affct the bios and cause me to have to redownload it? All replies are appreciated :wahoo:

Solution
If you updated your bios - and it was successful - then your bios corruption issue is resolved. Fundamentally your previous bios was missing something (I.E. corrupted) and if the update was successful - then all the bit in the new bios were validated and correct. All is good (in theory.)

the second question is a moot point - an OS will not directly impact a bios. A bios upgrade may be needed for features of an operating system. Despite them being related - they are not inter-related as you imply.

Good luck.

avarice

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
If you updated your bios - and it was successful - then your bios corruption issue is resolved. Fundamentally your previous bios was missing something (I.E. corrupted) and if the update was successful - then all the bit in the new bios were validated and correct. All is good (in theory.)

the second question is a moot point - an OS will not directly impact a bios. A bios upgrade may be needed for features of an operating system. Despite them being related - they are not inter-related as you imply.

Good luck.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS