How to back up computer drivers with Windows File History?

A Furry Peanut

Honorable
Jan 11, 2016
All of the articles that i've read require downloading another program which is something I would much rather not do. To my understanding, File History only backs up the user library by default, so which folder would I have to add to back up all of my drivers?

Solution
Drivers are installed to your PC much like games and software. There are configurations that change in the registry to do all of that. If you're wanting to make a backup in the even of a system failure I'd suggest making a backup image of your entire PC. The other option is to find all of the drivers you want online and saving their installers to a thumb drive for later use.

Milheim

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
Drivers are installed to your PC much like games and software. There are configurations that change in the registry to do all of that. If you're wanting to make a backup in the even of a system failure I'd suggest making a backup image of your entire PC. The other option is to find all of the drivers you want online and saving their installers to a thumb drive for later use.

Solution