Windows 10: Alt Key Activates Intermitently

ThePromise

Honorable
Jun 13, 2014
So my Alt keys will intermittently activate, often activating and deactivating a few times a second. Sometimes pressing my Alt keys will fix the issue, but more often than not I have to open the on-screen keyboard and hammer the Alt keys on that, usually along with the keys on my keyboard, to get the Alt keys to stop firing off. In general when I open the on-screen keyboard the Alt keys will be highlighted, or firing off and on very quickly, but sometimes they aren't shown to be active there at all yet the effects of the Alt key modifier are still active on my computer. When this happens I usually have to restart my PC to get them to stop activating.

The trouble is that it isn't my keyboard because of the three keyboards I have tried since this issue started they have all done the same thing. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with Windows, or potentially my keyboard BIOS, but I can't be certain of the former, and because my Alt keys are always active when my PC starts up I can't hit the Delete key to get into my BIOS on startup. Sticky keys is obviously off, and I have gone through every other 'common sense' solution to this issue but to no avail, including updating Windows and updating keyboard drivers.

I'm at a complete loss.

ThePromise

Honorable
Jun 13, 2014

USB.
Forgot to mention, plus I didn't know ps/2 keyboards were still a thing; can't remember the last time I saw one.