Graphics card and monitor help!! Please

Shoodknight

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
looking to get a gtx 980 ti and also pair it with the ASUS ROG PG278Q Black monitor. any suggestions or concerns with this? do you think this will run great for gaming? should i use display port over HDMI?

Solution
The GTX 980ti is well capable of playing games at 1440p at about 100fps or more depending on the game settings. As well as this the GPU is G-Sync capable and so is the monitor so games should look great. I wouldn't have any concerns and should be perfect for playing games at 1440p. Also display ports to my knowledge are the only ports capable of G-Sync so you should choose the display port over a HDMI port.

-Mitch

Mitchell Hearn

Honorable
Mar 7, 2015
The GTX 980ti is well capable of playing games at 1440p at about 100fps or more depending on the game settings. As well as this the GPU is G-Sync capable and so is the monitor so games should look great. I wouldn't have any concerns and should be perfect for playing games at 1440p. Also display ports to my knowledge are the only ports capable of G-Sync so you should choose the display port over a HDMI port.

-Mitch

Solution