MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD / Display Driver has stopped responding

Pastfarian

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016
Hi all,

I just upgraded my PC to a brand new, intel-based build from my old AMD.

I've been having tons of issues with my upgrade. I basically had to reinstall no less than 7 times, I had tons of games crashing, and overall instability. Over the past few weeks (I've had the PC about a month now), things have gotten better. I'm rarely seeing crashes and the like. However, I still get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs occasionally, and only when I'm playing games (i.e. Far Cry 4 seems to be the majority of the culprit). I've also gotten a "Display Driver has stopped responding" once or twice.

My rig:

Windows 10 pro 64-bit
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 2400mhz (running at 2133 I believe) DDR4
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Intel i7 6700k (stock speeds)
EVGA Geforce 980 ti 6gb SC

I've run several memtests with the bootable flash drive, I've tried taking first one RAM stick out, then the other, and I've reinstalled my drivers numerous times. I updated BIOS even, which seems to have helped, but I still get these occasional crashes / BSODs.

EDIT: I should add a little more info: every BSOD I get points back to ntoskrnl.exe.

I have several of the BSOD logs if that'll help. I'm kinda stumped as to how to proceed, as I've never had this many issues. Any help would be sorely appreciated.

Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the latest graphics driver that may help.
- Start by going to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Do check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything to NVIDIA.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed, reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot make sure to set NVIDIA as the default graphics card.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card

Pastfarian

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016

I've uninstalled / reinstalled my GPU drivers repeatedly. I just did a complete, fresh install (using driver remover) of my drivers, and still occasionally have issues. I think it might be my RAM still, which I'll be testing more thoroughly, but I'm not sure.