Monitor vs TV for new game room PC/XBone/PS4

PirateTruck

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015
I plan on turning my home office into a game room. If I plan on having a PC, XBone, and PS4, should I get a large high quality monitor (28"+) or should I get a smallish high quality TV (40" or so). I'm used to PC gaming on a 22" monitor so 28" is an upgrade, but I'm used to console gaming on my 55" tv, so I'm worried about 28" seeming way too small, especially for couch co-op. Can anyone help with recommendations? I'm not necessarily looking for specific products per se, but would appreciate advice on which display method in general I should go for and why. Price doesn't really matter so long as it's reasonable i.e. <$1000. Thank you in advance for the help!

Solution
Yes, 28 inch would not cut it for you. And also a monitor of 27 and above would be an overkill given the small size.
Makes perfect sense to get a 40" or above TV from Samsung JU6400 series, LG EG Series or Bravia X series.

Toghu your budget allows 3D and UHD resolution, they are strictly optional but I see no reason to go for an UHD TV as you plan putting up PS4 and Xbone and they are not UHD capable.

serioussamik17

Distinguished
Yes, 28 inch would not cut it for you. And also a monitor of 27 and above would be an overkill given the small size.
Makes perfect sense to get a 40" or above TV from Samsung JU6400 series, LG EG Series or Bravia X series.

Toghu your budget allows 3D and UHD resolution, they are strictly optional but I see no reason to go for an UHD TV as you plan putting up PS4 and Xbone and they are not UHD capable.

Solution