Multiple user accounts but only one user created?!

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
I setup a new windows 10 machine, and everything is working perfectly! the only issue I have is for some reason when I ctrl+alt+del and change username, I have another username show up. I thought it was the name of the machine, but I changed that and now when I look under "Profiles stored on this computer: " I see "{computer name}\{User I have no idea where it came from}\My User

(Gaming-PC\BattleStation\John) I have no idea how to change Battlestation, and most annoying thing is, I misspelled it so it's actually battlestation... HELP!

Solution
Hello there

You can check which user accounts your computer has by going to the Computer Management snap-in. To go there:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click Computer Management.

> From the left pane, expand the Local Users and Groups tree.

> From the expanded list, click the Users container.

> You can see all the available user accounts in the right pane.

To get rid of the unwanted user, you can right-click its name in the right pane, and click Delete from the context menu.

Note: Before removing the user, make sure that it has no files that are important to you. To see the files, you can go to C:\Users\<the unwanted user name>.

It would be helpful if you could upload a...
Hello there

You can check which user accounts your computer has by going to the Computer Management snap-in. To go there:

> Right-click the Start button.

> Click Computer Management.

> From the left pane, expand the Local Users and Groups tree.

> From the expanded list, click the Users container.

> You can see all the available user accounts in the right pane.

To get rid of the unwanted user, you can right-click its name in the right pane, and click Delete from the context menu.

Note: Before removing the user, make sure that it has no files that are important to you. To see the files, you can go to C:\Users\<the unwanted user name>.

It would be helpful if you could upload a screenshot of the Users container and the C:\Users folder. This would help us understand the things better.

Cheers!! :)

Solution