Laptop starting going into sleep mode automatically after 3-5 min

Psycnosis_1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
This suddenly started today. I have all sleep mode turned off I have high performance plan and the power is plugged in. Its been working perfectly fine for like a year and this started today and is annoying the hell out of me, I did not change any settings nor and sleep and hibernation is set to never both on batteri and plugged in.

it happens if computer is left unattended for about 3-5 minutes. Anyone got any ideas what could cause this?

thank you!

Solution
Hello Psycnosis_1

I was wondering if you have already tried restoring the High Performance plan to its default settings?

To do so:

> Open the Power Options window.

> Click the Change plan settings link for your currently active power plan. High Performance in this case.

> Click the Restore default settings for this plan link from the next window.

If the above solution doesn't work, the simplest way would be to Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. yesterday.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Psycnosis_1

I was wondering if you have already tried restoring the High Performance plan to its default settings?

To do so:

> Open the Power Options window.

> Click the Change plan settings link for your currently active power plan. High Performance in this case.

> Click the Restore default settings for this plan link from the next window.

If the above solution doesn't work, the simplest way would be to Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. yesterday.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Solution