Audio cuts out every 10 minutes

saipan45

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hey guys, I am running an MSI GE70 laptop with realtek speakers and running Windows 10. The problem that I am having is that all audio no matter if it is my built-in speakers, headphones, or HDMI to a tv keep cutting out every 10 minutes. The only solution I can find is to plug one of the items in (or unplug it), or let my audio idle for a few minutes. After doing one of these two things, my sound seems to work just fine for another 10 minutes. Could this be a driver issue? Also, if I try and test my speakers it says that the device is being used by another program.

Lutfij

Titan
It most definitely will be a driver issue as you've already stated your unit to be powered off a Realtek audio chip. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing your audio drivers with that found off Realtek's site? We will also need further information by the model number, we'll need the remaining 2~4 digits after the GE70. In the meantime, have you made sure your BIOS is up to date alongside the rest of your device drivers?

saipan45

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Yes, I tried that but it didn't seem to help. Not too sure about my BIOS, but my device drivers are up to date. I'm not sure what you mean by the last 2~4 digits after the GE70 but this is the full name: GE70-i765M287