App installation problem in Windows Store

grimlockPH

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Good day. So, I'm having a problem installing an app from the Store. My account is signed in only for this app, but I don't think it is the issue. Error code is 0x802480014. It won't even start downloading. Restarting the system does not solve it. My Internet connection has no problems. My antivirus program is also disabled. I've googled the code, nothing similar to my problem appeared. Think you might help me on this one. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Solution

Hello again grimlockPH

If you have some idea since when the problem started...
Hello grimlockPH

Can you please confirm if your PC has a third-party firewall, and if the program and even Windows Store is set to Allow in it?

Sometimes disabling the firewall does the trick.

Also, if you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, you may want to disable/remove it temporarily to check if that works.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

grimlockPH

Reputable
May 20, 2014

Thanks. I recently disabled Windows Firewall, I'm still having the same issue. I have no other firewall application.

I also don't have MSE. My antivirus is also disabled. It's just weird. Maybe I've done something with the Group Policy settings.

Hello again grimlockPH

If you have some idea since when the problem started, Restoring the Operating System to Before That Point may help.

You may also want to try Resetting Windows 10 (without removing your personal files). However, please keep in mind that resetting Windows 10 will remove all the installed apps, and you will have to reinstall them.

Cheers!! :)

Solution