Laptop Display Goes Black

riley7

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
i have an ASUS n550j (i7, 8gb Ram, nvidia Geforce GTX 950m, 2gb VRam, touchScreen) laptop and its just sum few months old, the screen flashes and blinks black and white continuously and dosn't come back on, whiles in that situation i connect to an external screen using HDMI and it looks perfect on the external screen but on the laptop its a black screen, sometimes when i connect the HDMI both the external display and the laptop display comes and i can unplug the external screen and use the laptop fine, Please Help [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWwVDlTwI1Y"][/video]

Solution
It works when connected to external screen as you say, then gpu, motherboard seems fine, your problem is small, the problem is opening a laptop gives me high anxiety. Time to find a trusted tech who can help you, unless you are familiar with opening up a laptop which would explain the warranty seal broken.

zer0c00l587

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
It works when connected to external screen as you say, then gpu, motherboard seems fine, your problem is small, the problem is opening a laptop gives me high anxiety. Time to find a trusted tech who can help you, unless you are familiar with opening up a laptop which would explain the warranty seal broken.

Solution