Windows keeps changing my wallpaper into a solid color

axels01

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
I use windows 10, my wallpaper is blue and grey. It happens a few times a day (5-8H). I have NO idea what's going on, pleas help.

Thanks in advance cause I know this community is amazing :)

Solution

If you had already Upgraded your Win 7 to Win 10 before you did the new install, you did not need to input your old Win 7 license.

In "This PC", Properties...does it show as Activated?
xT7rLef.jpg

USAFRet

Titan

This is a fully activated Windows OS?
How did you install it?

axels01

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
Yes it's a legit and fully activated copy of windows.
I downloaded and made a usb install drive for windows 10 from microsoft. The disc I have is for windows 10 but I "converted" (or what ever you call it) in too windows 10.

roostre

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Pitchforks! I'm having the same issue. Upgraded to Windows 10 on both my laptop and my desktop, followed by a clean install using the updated windows key found with Magic Jelly Bean Keyfinder. They both run great, and are fully activated, but the past couple of weeks, the background has been going from slideshow to solid color for no apparent reason on both devices..

USAFRet

Titan

I'm not sure what that means.

Did you purchase Win 10?
Or did you Upgrade to Win 10 from a qualifying OS?

axels01

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
I did a clean install of windows 10 right of a usb stick and when it asked me for a product key I use the key from my old windows 7 as I have already "converted" or whatever my windows 7 key into a windows 10 key.

USAFRet

Titan

If you had already Upgraded your Win 7 to Win 10 before you did the new install, you did not need to input your old Win 7 license.

In "This PC", Properties...does it show as Activated?
xT7rLef.jpg

Solution

axels01

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015

Anyways, it's a legit windows 10 copy. Back to the problem with the wallpaper changing into a solid color (in my case it's grey) and back again to the wallpaper after a while. I have no idea and from what I've read and seen there is no way to fix this...

And yes it says "Windows is activated"
(Windows 10 pro)