HELP ME [unrelated]

dann20201

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015
I am so sorry that this has nothing to do with systems

Tom's Hardware account for some reason is automatically selecting best answer without me doing anything!! Please help why is it doing this?!!?!?!

<<Edited by moderator.>>

Solution
No. That is not how the button works. While anyone can indeed select a Best Answer, it is only intended to be used by the OP (author of the thread) or administrators/moderators.

Selecting BAs in threads that a member did not originate is not allowed and folks have been banned for abusing this function.

huvik

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
dude, stop it. its not automatically selecting best answers, and i have already answered this in your other post. Any member on tomshardware can go onto any thread an click any answer as being the best solution. It is not limited to just the OP selecting the best solution

dann20201

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015

Sorry @COLGeek

@huvik but shouldn't it only be limited to the Asker and not public?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
No. That is not how the button works. While anyone can indeed select a Best Answer, it is only intended to be used by the OP (author of the thread) or administrators/moderators.

Selecting BAs in threads that a member did not originate is not allowed and folks have been banned for abusing this function.

Solution