How good is this budget rig?

fatmanjumprope

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I'm not too experienced with owning a decent PC as I'm just getting into it personally. I want to drop the console and experience the wonderful world of pc gaming. All that being said, I have a friend who has two units for sale he had built for him. The specs are as follows:

Intel i5-2320 3.0 ghz
H61 LGA 1150 motherboard
8gb Gskill DDR3
Nvidia GTX 960 2gb
Seasonic 550 watt 80 plus

2nd one:
AMD X4 860K
8GB GSkill DDR3
500W power 80 plus
Nvidia GTX 950 2GB

He's asking $500 for both of them each which is a little under my budget (around $600 max) but saving money for some games is always a plus in my book. I'm wondering about how good these machines will be overall? I don't really intend to play a lot of super demanding games but I do want to up my settings on World of Tanks, Guild Wars 2, and Civ 5 to the maximum if possible or at least pretty high. I would also like to be able to play GTA 5 on at least Medium settings with solid FPS.

Would these rigs be able to do what I'm wanting or should I continue to look around a little? And about how well will these parts work together/are they compatible with each other without causing and issues.

I recommend the first build for a few reasons.
The 2320, while aging, should still perform well enough for your needs, better than the Athlon most likely.
960 vs a 950, quite easy to pick a winner there.
Seasonic PSU. The no name 500w on the second build worries me.

For 500 bucks, that aint bad.

fatmanjumprope

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016

Thanks for the quick response :)

Even without knowing too much about it, the no name worried me as well.

TRENDING THREADS