Solved

Windows 10 page_fault_in_nonpaged_area BSOD only when torrenting large files

Hi, I have been having the issue of getting a page_fault_in_nonpaged_area BSOD whenever I am torrenting large files using qbitorrent or deluge, etc. (it always happens after maybe 10 mins or so of starting or resuming the download). I am on a custom built PC.

I have tried formatting the pc completely, updating BIOS to the latest version, and running memtest86 (no errors after many passes). Nothing worked. I tried reading the dump file that windows autogenerates with Windbg but I am inexperienced in it and could not get any useful information. From reading other similar threads a lot of people talk about drivers being the problem but I can't verify it because I don't know how to read the dump file. I attached them if anyone would be kind enough to give them a look: Dump files

Could someone point me out in the right direction of what to do next to point out what the problem could be or possible solutions? Sorry if the question is quite vague but I am stuck and don't know how to proceed.
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows page fault nonpaged area bsod torrenting large files
  1. Best answer
    Could be defective ram ... try run hardware diagnostics if you got software to do so provided by manufacturer ... check ram first normally that.

If you recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 try this ... known to fix issues.
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2784691/ditch-problematic-win10-upgrade-replace-clean-install.html
  2. I'm in the exact same situation down to the custom PC and experience. I even restored my system to a point where I know it was functioning properly and it still crashes after a few minutes when I open uTorrent. All my drivers are up to date and chkdsk says everything is fine. What can I do?
Ask a new question

Read More

windows 10 Blue Screen