Help with the download...of windows 10 please been waiting for months

ValleyOfMist

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Okay...so i have reserved my copy for quite some time on my laptop for windows 10...and i just came back on today and it still says the same thing about the "well notify you when its ready"...im kind of in a rush for windows 10 on this laptop since my dad wants it on there. Is there some way to download it...like using the media creation tool or something ...and i am also not sure about like deleting all the files in the SoftwareDistrbution download area...i dont know how to go about this and i have also checked the windows update thing and it says nothing...what should i do..confused...and alone lol

Solution
Download the Windows Media Tool and then run it. That will force it to download and run the update. Probably the 64 bit version for your computer.

ValleyOfMist

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

So that is all i need to do.... dont need to like...delete any files or anything or bs my way through anything else...just use the media creation tool

That's it. I know it seems too easy but that is really all there is. Just make sure you have a backup just in case it does something weird.