Black/blank screen after sleep mode! HELP

maniactogy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
Hi, I currently built a new computer. It works as it should, except when I use sleep mode it won't display anything after booting it up again (out of sleepmode). My mouse and keyboard seem to not work during sleepmode, there is no response whatsoever.

Only way I can get an image is by holding down the power button and reboot it.

I've tried different solutions, tried google the problem. It seems like alot of people are experiencing this, but only with laptops.

I use a 4K samsung monitor, with a 1.2 Display port, I've tried switching to HDMI 2.0 but the same problem occurs.

This is really frustrating, I have alot of breaks during a day. And being forced to turn it off or let it stay on kind of bothers me. I was really relying on sleep-mode with the old computer.

Is there anything wrong with my hardware? Read somewhere it might be something wrong with the PSU. But it seems like it works the way it should..

Specs: 32 GB HyperX Fury ram 2133 Mhz

4,0 GHz i7 Intel-core Skylake 6700K

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI 6GB Reference Card

MSI Z170A Gaming M5

Samsung SSD 250GB

Corsair 850W PSU

Running Windows 10 btw.

Thanks!

Hi,

Try to change the Power Option of your PC that may do the trick.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do open Device Manager next and set your keyboard and Mouse to wake up your PC.
- In Device Manager right click on Mouse/Keyboard and select Power Management.
- Make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer and click OK.
- Do test your PC again after doing all these changes.

Hopefully this will help. :)