Recommend 27" IPS monitor with short ms for PS4 / Xbox One?

tacanacy

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013
I want to buy a monitor with excellent color and viewing angle characteristics, that doesn't have long ms and lag input.

I am aware of that PS4 and Xbox One are limited to 60Hz, 1080i, 16:9 and whatnot, but I don't want this to drag down the image quality and response time beyond compatibility. I'm willing to pay for something these consoles can't take advantage of in order to get the best image quality and response time for my budget.

This will very likely not have an impact on my purchase, it depends on my options, but I'd like to find a monitor with a very thin bezel and minimalistic design.

My budget is maximum 930 USD.

If I'm being unrealistic, please tell me.

My budget is maximum 930 USD.

60 Hz 1080i? Really haven't done any research.

However, your budget is ridiculous, any USD 100-200 monitor will do just fine, infact. Purchasing a more expensive monitor than that, is only going to lead to diminishing returns.

IPS: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-25xw-Backlit-Monitor/dp/B00TIJLF0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454815334&sr=8-1&keywords=HP+25xw

VA: http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2470H-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B013GERDME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454815386&sr=8-1&keywords=GW2470H

Not at all worth it to spend more money on one. If 27" is a must, then any monitor from a known brand will do, but remember what I said about diminishing returns.

All the best!

1) Are you planning to use this with a computer as well?

2) If not, then why a monitor and not an HDTV?

3 Where do you expect to get the audio from?

*If you use the HDMI input on any monitor then it must have SPEAKERS, or have a passthrough from HDMI to an output for desktop speakers. If you also have another input device that shares the desktop speakers you need to plan for that as well.

4) How CLOSE are you sitting?
(Be aware that a 27", 2560x1440 monitor looks better than a 27", 1920x1080 monitor of same basic specs if viewed close enough. Even with only a 1080p input the extra pixels help.)

Other:
Note that if you were doing DESKTOP gaming then some of the GSYNC/Freesync (not all) monitors have 144Hz response for the main DP input but also have HDMI inputs that will work with the XB1/PS4.

So if you had an AMD R9-390 in your desktop PC then it could use the DP port and Freesync (smoother gaming), and the game console the HDMI input (again, must plan around audio too... it's probably possible to pass through audio from both DP and HDMI thus switching on the monitor would pass on the audio to the same speakers.)

Summary:
You absolutely must be very, very SPECIFIC to the entire use of this monitor or you may have issues.

TRENDING THREADS