New PC Old Harddrive

RB123

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hello,

I'm planning on buying a new PC, but I want to keep the hard drives. After researching I found that once buying a new mobo and CPU Windows will crash. I am also buying an extra SSD, and want to keep my SSD and HDD I got at the moment.

The thing is, I don't wanna have to reinstall all the programs that are on the SSD right now, because there are a lot of them.

I run Windows 10 Education, and I got a Win8 repair disk, if that is needed.

I hope you guys can help.

Thanks in advance,

R.B.

Solution
Games that run from a launcher, like Steam, Origins, UPlay, Glyph, will not need to be reinstalled. You just install the laucher program and the point the library to the old games library location.

Anything that doesn't run from a launcher, needs to be reinstalled so that the new windows will know its there, where its various files are, & what setting to use...

popatim

Titan
Games that run from a launcher, like Steam, Origins, UPlay, Glyph, will not need to be reinstalled. You just install the laucher program and the point the library to the old games library location.

Anything that doesn't run from a launcher, needs to be reinstalled so that the new windows will know its there, where its various files are, & what setting to use...

Solution