950$ Gaming Rig, Need Help

numbuhzero

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P3mXxr

I plan building this PC in this June. Will this system let me play games like Black Ops 3, AC: Unity, Far Cry 4 etc. and upcoming games for next 5 years in Very High/Ultra settings at 1080p resolution?

Also I want to use my monitor that has 1080p resolution, 21.5" width but no HDMI. It's Samsung SyncMaster 2233. Can I use this or do I have to buy a new monitor?

I need all the help, recommadation and thoughts I can get.

P.S. I couldn't add an extra cooler because this system costs 1360$ in my country. I'm living in a city which has a 35°C/95°F overall temperature in summers. And I'll be gaming hard in summers so will this i5 6500 need an extra cooler or not?

Thanks!

numbuhzero

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

I heard some games like Black Ops 3, Batman: Arhkam Night requires more than 8GB of RAM and list could go on in next years. Would 8GB of RAM be enough because I'll be playing Black Ops 3 a lot.

aces19

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

In that case, (assuming you will be playing much more demanding games) I would opt for 16 gigs. I am running 16 gigs now and that is the most you will want to run or ever need to play games.

aces19

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

I didn't include an NEX, did I?

If I did, my bad, the NEX are VERY VERY VERY poor quality.

kwa-e

Admirable

It actually isn't THAT bad as you exaggerate it as, it's a decent budget unit but considering similarly priced but similar options it's better to go with the superior units.

aces19

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

Nope, I tried it and...yeah...not good...

I wouldn't recommend it, at least, when you can go for a g2 or GS.

aces19

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

Just a PSU failure, and for me once is enough. It was nothing as serious as I made it to be, however if a PSU flat out doesn't work then I wouldn't go and buy it again.

It can happen to any PSU, but I would just recommend a G2 or GS PSU.

Neh, I'd say it's pretty bad, and not very good of a budget unit. If they were colored grey and didn't have the name "EVGA" on the side, people would talk more trash on them. I can't point out anything good about them.

Nope, CX are poor quality. What else is at the store?

numbuhzero

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/guc-kaynaklari-power/

All of them are in this site. The site isn't in English but I don't think it's going to cause trouble :D