Ctrl + alt + del not working anymore.

Klokothejawa

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
Programs sometimes crash. That's why we use windows and not Mac right hehehe. Anyway when programs crash I usually just press ctrl + alt + del if Alt + f4 doesn't seem to do anything. After selecting the task manager I re log in and right click the program at the taskbar to close it. If that doesn't work I end the process and try the program/game that crashed all over again.

Recently however when I press ctrl + alt + del in said circumstance and select task manager I re log in to a black screen with the taskbar beneath and the mouse only visible over the task bar. When I right click the crashed program to close it it flashes yellow signifying that there has been a pop up to ask me if I really want to close it but that pop up is not visible because of the black screen. I hate to restart the PC everytime a silly program/game crashes. I could lose progress in another program if I have left it unsaved...

Solution
right click on the start bar, go to task manager. from task manager you can kill whatever is freezing.
you should not have to log in to access task manager. you can launch it from the run command
type taskman.exe and hit enter

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
right click on the start bar, go to task manager. from task manager you can kill whatever is freezing.
you should not have to log in to access task manager. you can launch it from the run command
type taskman.exe and hit enter

Solution