please help....pc shuts down then boots back up when gaming

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
so like my title says, i turn my pc on and start gaming, then around 10mins in my pc shuts down and comes up with a blue screen with loads of writing on it saying windows has been shut down and re-started ect but its on for literally a couple of seconds so i cant read what it says exactly and then i hear either my cpu heatsink or my graphics card fan kick in super fast (its ridiculously loud, louder than when under full gaming load) after that the pc boots up fine without a option to go to safe mode.....seems strange but this has happened twice in the last two days.....update it has just re-started on me while halfway through writing this thread and it gave me the option for safe mode.....can someone please point me in the right direction as to what to try and do or test as i have no idea...cheers

Solution
What was the result of your web search on that error message ? (Copy / paste into search bar) and what have you tried so far ?

Was that the only one ? And does the date / time match your crashes ?

What AV / Malware are you running ?

http://winwiki.org/dcom-got-error-1084-attempting-to-start-the-service-wsearch-with-arguments/
http://boardreader.com/thread/dcom_got_error_1084_attempting_to_start_aobjt__2bd25c9c-6783-4afc-87fd-32b3e657597c.html
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8f61ba2b-680d-4d64-98d6-fc302eaac842/dcom-errors-on-home-pc-help?forum=w7itprogeneral
1. First turn off System Rebooting after a Blue Screen. The you will be able to read the STOP ERROR code and diagnose your problem.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

2. Power saving features like fan control do not exist outside of Windoze. So when your PC restarts, before Windows has completed its start up process, fans will run at full speed.

3. Doing a web search on the stop error code, will point you to the right direction. It is always valuable to run a system monitor (HWiNFO is best and most complete) to view and log temps, voltages and other system, states when diagnosing problems. Look for any signs of overheatng, voltage instabilities, etc.

4. Event Viewer should log the event which caused the problem.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/226084-event-viewer-open-use-windows-7-a.html

5. A component listing including full model numbers (i.e. corsair 750 watts doesn't help) would prove useful once the above info is available. Some models have histories which may point to a suspected issue.

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
ok so my full system spec is as follows
cpu - fx6300 @ 3.5ghz stock
gpu - r9 290 asus 4gb
mb - ga-78lmt-usb3
ram - 8gb kingston hyperX savage 2400mhz @ 1600mhz (2x4gb)
psu - cooler master b700 700watt
hdd - 1tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm
os - windows 7 home premium 64-bit

i always monitor my temps and have run checks and my cpus top temp was 44degrees, my graphics cards top temp was 95degrees but as your most likely aware the r9 290 are made to run extremely hot, i always have both side to my case open for a constant air flow and i always have two fans installed on the case, one and the back and one at the front.

ok so ive just been through and turned off my system re-boot so hopefully if it does it again i can get all the info i need from the blue screen and im currently looking into the event viewer....i will keep you guys posted

KLawinger

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016

Sounds like something is overheating or using too much power

Using temp monitoring info is only comparable when your numbers are compared with norms while running a standard and known load. It's also important to know what CPU temp is being monitored.

CPU - Unlike synthetics, an application based benchmark such as RoG Real Bench will load your CPU to the maximum expected extent that may exist from any gaming or combination of applications.

GPU - Nothing will put a load on your GFX card more than Furmark but only slightly more so than peak gaming loads.

You will want to record core temperatures as well as CPU voltages and voltages on the 3.3, 5 and 12 volt rails, the most important criteria being the spread between min and max voltages on these rails. This is where PSU quality comes into play. Again, the cause of your previous crashes is still in Event Viewer.

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
yeah i know my power supply isnt the greatest at all, and im planning on upgrading that very soon. today in fact if thats the problem with my pc. however im having a hard time understanding what im looking for in the 'event viewer' program. also i dont know if this is of any help, yesterday before this started steam which i use for gaming did a big update and i downloaded a new game to my system after which i have now removed in hope that may have something to do with it

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
ok so ive found quite a few 'error' logs which are labelled the same

'' DCOM got error ''1084'' attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments'' ''in order to run the server:
{7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}

What was the result of your web search on that error message ? (Copy / paste into search bar) and what have you tried so far ?

Was that the only one ? And does the date / time match your crashes ?

What AV / Malware are you running ?

http://winwiki.org/dcom-got-error-1084-attempting-to-start-the-service-wsearch-with-arguments/
http://boardreader.com/thread/dcom_got_error_1084_attempting_to_start_aobjt__2bd25c9c-6783-4afc-87fd-32b3e657597c.html
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8f61ba2b-680d-4d64-98d6-fc302eaac842/dcom-errors-on-home-pc-help?forum=w7itprogeneral

Solution

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
ive only just tried searching the webseach on that error message now and those error messages date back to when the pc crashed yes. i dont have any maware or antivirus software on the pc as yet, do you think it could be a virus as i solely use it just for gaming and nothing else.
and no ive found a couple more error and warning messages which are;

the following boot start or system start drivers failed to load;
Usbcharger

and

the computer browser service depends on the server service which failed to start because of the following error:
the dependency service or group failed to start

i am currently running a full scan on windows defender

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
ok so ive done some re-search now and im guessing this could be malware/virus to my pc. which obviously would massively be my own fault with me been stupid enough not to have any protection on my pc, once windows defender has finished i will download a antivirus programme, any ideas..?

Windows Defender doesn't cut it.

I have oft used BitDefender Internet Security in cases like yours. It has a 30 day free trial which you can use to disinfect your system. I have been using it on all the systems here and it does it's job very well. However, like just about every AV vendor who has risen to prominence, the have become a victim of their own success.

a) Like those who have come before them, they are paranoid about piracy and instituted "controls" so onerous that it simply has become to much work to own licenses. Instead of downloaded once to my server, I have to download each license to a different e-mail address. From a management standpoint, this requires too much effort.

b) Tech Support is overwhelmed. When I can't for example access, open or save "certain" files over the network, and then suddenly can when AV is shut off, I can't wait a week for a non-answer prepared by a software bot that doesn't address the issue.

c) You get penalized cost wise for buying more licenses... buying five 3 paks cost way more than buying 15 licenses.

So while I have to commend the program as the best available for what it does ... as soon as the licenses expire we will be moving on to something that requires less effort / cost to own.

However, to get rid of your infection, Id take advantage of the 30 day trial which is not restricted in any way (last I checked)

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
yeah so i went ahead and downloaded the free trial of avg antivirus and ive done a whole scan of the computer and it hasnt come up with anything....which is unusual but either way i needed some form of protection didnt i. but i recently deleted fallout new vegas and re-installed steam to my pc and fingers crossedd it hasnt come up with any error messages or blue screens ect yet....

AVG is orders of magnitude better than Defender but not, usually, one of the very top tier solutions. They (paid for version) did very well on the November / December testing with 98.8 % / 100% detection on 0-day malware and 99.9 / 99.7% on well know malware. Still that means it was vulnerable to 44 attacks in December.

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
well the pc has been on for about 5 hours solid now with no problems, ive just left it running going virus checks ect, nothing has come up and there has been no probs so the only thing i can think it could be was i picked up some corrupt files ect when i downloaded my most recent game through steam which i have now removed....but thank again JackNaylorPE for all your help...its been much appreciated

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
ok so after thinking i had sorted my pc out it has now just blue screened again but i was able to take a photo of the screen on my phone so i have all the info now....it says...
a problem has been detected and windows hs been shut down to prevent damage to your computer ect ect ect

the device driver got stuck in a infinate loop. this usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.
please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

technical information:

STOP: 0x000000EA (0XFFFFFA8008529B60,0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

now ive googled this stop code and it hasnt come up with anything...any ideas guys

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
yeah well i think i made the mistake of typing in the whole code ''STOP: 0x000000EA (0XFFFFFA8008529B60,0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)'' and that brought nothing up on google. i did find a blog about how the amd graphics drivers were a cause of this...i googled the device driver is stucvk in a infinate loop to find this...

so i have since searched and found that my graphics driver is out of date by 3months....even tho it should atoumatically update so ive updated it now and im going to try playing a game again to see what happens

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
i also noticed the new amd driver was labelled crimson edition HOTFIX 16.1.1 which to me states that the hotfix was something to fix some known problems with the previous drivers. i was running crimson 15.12 before