Cannot use keyboard in Windows 10 Advanced Startup (In order to access BIOS)

swearengine

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Hello,

I am trying to reboot in advanced startup to get into the BIOS. However when it comes up with the list of options from F1-F10, where I will need to hit F10 to access bios, my keyboard does not work. I have tried both a Corsair mechanical keyboard and a standard logitech wireless keyboard, both on usb, I do not have a PS2 adapter available.

How can I fix this, or is there another way I can get into BIOS? I don't have the UEFI option available on advanced startup.

Solution
Hello swearengine

Can you please confirm if you are using a laptop or a desktop computer?

In case of laptop, many times the Function keys work only when pressed along with the Fn key. You can try pressing the Fn key and while holding it down, press your preferred Function key and see if it works.

In both laptop and desktop, it looks like your computer is not able to detect the keyboard driver. You can also try disconnecting the keyboard, powering on the computer without the keyboard, powering it down, connecting the keyboard again, and then powering the computer back up.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)
Hello swearengine

Can you please confirm if you are using a laptop or a desktop computer?

In case of laptop, many times the Function keys work only when pressed along with the Fn key. You can try pressing the Fn key and while holding it down, press your preferred Function key and see if it works.

In both laptop and desktop, it looks like your computer is not able to detect the keyboard driver. You can also try disconnecting the keyboard, powering on the computer without the keyboard, powering it down, connecting the keyboard again, and then powering the computer back up.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Solution