Is it possible to fix a broken LED screen

FenrirHS

Honorable
Feb 3, 2015
OK, so I am an idiot... with a specific type of gaming rage I hit my 1920x1080p ASUS LED monitor, several times. It did last the damage so with my complete idiotic thinking I decided to hit it with the handle of my Xbox controller. Well, to everyone's surprise - hitting a 200 bgn (Bulgarian currency) monitor with a plastic controller while raging is going to make a crack. Now, it holds an impressive in size and colour massive crack that covers about 60% of it. Now, you can call me an ungrateful brat (and rightfully so) but is there any way I can fix such a thing and how much will it cost if I have to pay for it? The crack can't be felt from the outside, but the small point of impact looks like shards, there is also a huge white space and tons of vertical lines running through the whole of my screen. Also, is it worth the hustle or should I tell my dad about it so I can start saving up for a new one (last resort is using my sister's monitor she uses for a TV and just buying an hdmi cable to go with it).

sancho_mic

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Hey, i guess it depends on your local repair market conditions but in general it's cheaper to buy new than to fix.
You have to:
- find exact spare part from same model screen
- find repair shop that can take such task, successfully (usually there is mismatch and following repair, it will not work same as new)

good luck...