LG 34UM95-P Crackling Sound

bdolphin

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
As the title says the monitor makes this crackling noise randomly. I know its coming from the monitor, because I have unplugged speakers, turned this monitors speakers on mute, and finally when I unhooked this monitor and used a different one, the noises finally stopped. Has anyone ever heard sounds like this coming from a monitor? If so is this something to be worried about and is it something that I can send in for an RMA?

In another unrelated display issue. I purchased one of the QNIX 2710 Korean monitors that you can overclock. I bought the perfect pixel version and luckily, I have no dead pixels. The only thing is that the bezel in the top right corner isn't snapped into place and that how it was when I unboxed it. I am going to try and overclock it and if it does good I think I should keep it just due to the fact that most people have some dead pixels or back light bleed and I do not. So I figure if it overclocks well, then I can always make a custom bezel as some people have done anyway. What are some of your guys' thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

bdolphin

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
So I have had the monitor on for a few hours now and I do not smell anything that smells like burning. The back is barely even warm to the touch. I will say that the crackling sounds seem to be much less frequent when the monitor has been on for a while compared to the first 30 minutes of it being on after sitting for a while, but they still do happen.