BSOD: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Issue

nicpcho

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Hi,

I am running Windows 10 and I've been having a BSOD: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT problem recently and it's been getting worse. I have done a windows memory test, I've done a hard drive check and a sfc/scannow and no issues have turned up.

I also tried resetting windows 10 (keeping my personal files) and this did not solve the problem so then I did the internal hard reset completely wiping the hard drive and the issue was still present.

I recently installed a new graphics card and new RAM, but the computer ran for a month+ with no issue. Right now I have removed my new graphics card and am running my PC through the integrated graphics card on my PC. The BSOD has not yet occurred, but I'm not 100% sure I've located the problem. If it occurs again, I plan to remove the new RAM and stick in one of my old RAM sticks.

Is there anything else I can do to try to isolate the issue and then fix it? If the BSOD does not occur again, is there something I can do to resolve the issue with my graphics card? Could it be that my power source
is insufficient? Reinstall its driver? Use its warranty for a replacement? Or just get a different graphics card?

Thank you!

Hi,

It may seem to be a driver issue because most of the time BSOD's are caused by it.
- First do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Once done, download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site. (NVIDIA or AMD).
- After installing the latest driver reboot your PC for all the changes to take effect.
- If these doesn't work do also check the manufacturer site of your motherboard and download and install the latest BIOS version from it.
- Do also run Windows Update and install all updates available.
- If all these will not work you may really need to replace the Graphics Card itself.

Here's another thread about the same concern you have with your PC.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2767575/pfn-list-corrupt-bsod.html

nicpcho

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Thanks for the post. So far, my computer has not received this BSOD error yet. I am going to reinstall my GPU its driver. Looking at the thread it seems as the previous poster found the issue to be related to his headset. I also have a headset and have since unplugged its USB.. Hopefully I will be able to pinpoint the exact cause so I can fix it and use everything I want too.

nicpcho

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Whoops sorry for the double post, but this error seems to be commonly associated with audio drivers. I generally have speakers and a headset plugged in. However, currently have an HDMI connection to my monitor and it has an AUX port on the monitor. I'm considering switching to a DVI connection as I never use the AUX on my monitor (its extremely touchy and staticy). Will reducing this additional playback device have any effect?