Major Computer Malfunction; Multiple Errors; Constant Windows Freezing

nhattawa

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Heh guys I hope you can help. I'm typing this on my cellphone because I'm guessing windows 10 just destroyed my second computer.

I recently built a computer about two weeks ago. Everything had been great up until today. These are the following error messages that occur about 10 seconds after seeing the windows 10 desktop and all the way until the starting of windows.

Bad pool caller
Bad pool header
System service header
Dpc watchdog violation
Kmode exception... (I couldn't get the rest)

I think there might have been a few others but I didn't think to write them down at first. Honestly I am beyond baffled at this point. Please tell me what information you need to help me. Like I said I have about 10 seconds of desktop before a error message or a freeze. I've tried safe mode and it locks up, ive tried trying to repair windows from the boot disk and it loads forever or locks up. Maybe the two week old hardrive has failed?

Thank you for whomever will help.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, unplug your PC from its power cord then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it back up.
- If these doesn't work do test your HDD, load your PC in BIOS and see if it would still lockup or not.
- If it doesn't lockup that could mean that it's the HDD that is faulty.
- Do test it again by installing it onto a different PC or if you have a different HDD try it with your PC.
- If the HDD will work with a different PC do continue with reinstalling Windows 10.
- Once done install it back in your PC then test if it will boot up normally.
- If all these test with your HDD will not work you'll need to replace...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, unplug your PC from its power cord then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it back up.
- If these doesn't work do test your HDD, load your PC in BIOS and see if it would still lockup or not.
- If it doesn't lockup that could mean that it's the HDD that is faulty.
- Do test it again by installing it onto a different PC or if you have a different HDD try it with your PC.
- If the HDD will work with a different PC do continue with reinstalling Windows 10.
- Once done install it back in your PC then test if it will boot up normally.
- If all these test with your HDD will not work you'll need to replace it already unfortunately but it should still be under the factory warranty.

Solution

nhattawa

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016

I've just removed my SSD and loaded windows onto my HDD. Still the same problems... Here is a smattering of the error messages:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
BAD_POOL_CALLER
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
BAD_POOL_CALLER
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_WITHHELD

BIOS is fine. No issues running that. Just when windows is active. It's even doing it on a fresh install on a separate HHD. I don't understand cause everything was working great for two weeks. The only thing I did the day prior to this was download and play XCOM2. The next day the computer started getting swarmed with BSOD...