BIOS Screen Freeze

peypark

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
I have just built my new computer, I hooked my monitor up and was sent to the BIOS screen. Everything looked fine, I could look at and change my levels, etc. I go to install Windows 10 and I go through the process and I'm brought to a Compatibility Report screen which says: "Compatibility report: The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. (Do not select Icustom [advanced] to perform an upgrade Icustom [advanced] installs a new copy of windows and deletes your programs and settings.)" I did what I was instructed, restarted my computer, removed and put the device back in. It gave me the same report in the end. I ended up doing this 2 more times, and now my BIOS screen is completely frozen. I am no longer shown my CPU temperature, voltage, the fan profiles, etc. It will not let me navigate off of this screen. I have restarted, unplugged, messed with my monitors settings, probably everything simply imaginable. I do not know what to do and i'm incredibly upset because of several set up problems I've had. I would greatly appreciate some help on this matter. :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 960GB
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
Power Supply: Rosewill 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer

Solution
System specs will be helpful here. List your system components (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, etc) so we can give you specific help.

One thing I would suggest is that you try clearing your CMOS. The instructions for this will be detailed in your motherboard manual. Here is where your system specs will help us if you are unsure on how to do this.
System specs will be helpful here. List your system components (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, etc) so we can give you specific help.

One thing I would suggest is that you try clearing your CMOS. The instructions for this will be detailed in your motherboard manual. Here is where your system specs will help us if you are unsure on how to do this.

Solution