Video Files Stutter and Lag while simultaneously browsing the internet

Vaneras

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Hello, I am having a problem where anytime I am watching a movie (.avi file for example) and browsing the internet simultaneously using chrome or FireFox, my videos lag and stutter (Audio and Video).

I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue but I cannot find a permanent fix. There are absolutely no issues watching video files or Netflix if I am not browsing the internet, and I have absolutely no sound or video issues while playing games on the computer.

I noticed this started when I upgraded to windows 10, and I have noticed CPU usage spikes whenever chrome is loading a webpage (like IGN). Any help is appreciated.

P.S I have 16gigs of ram, I tested it, its fine. the CPU is fine, the GPU is fine, I've checked everything I could think of!

Solution
Try clean installing the video drivers, it might be some sort of strange conflict between devices using DXVA. Note that if your gpu is particularly old or weak, it might not be able to accelerate multiple videos (or video+ opengl/webgl) at the same time
Try clean installing the video drivers, it might be some sort of strange conflict between devices using DXVA. Note that if your gpu is particularly old or weak, it might not be able to accelerate multiple videos (or video+ opengl/webgl) at the same time

Solution

Vaneras

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016

I will try a clean install tonight. I just built my PC last year so all the parts are relatively new.

Thanks for the answer. Any other suggestions?

Remember, I said clean install drivers, not clean install WIndows. You can do that in 10min.