So I tried my Hisense 24" FHD LCD TV on my pc

SeroChan

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2013
...And I did not like what I saw, my god the image quality was so bad, it was so blurry (using HDMI)
When I'm using my normal monitor HP Compaq LA2205wg using a VGA/DVI the image quality is AMAZING, like seriously, way better than the thing I'm getting when I'm connecting the HDTV using an HDMI. What's the problem?

I tried all resolutions from the lowest to the highest that was in front of me which was 1920x1080 (I guess, it was the highest eitherway)

I cannot find any PC mode in the TV or whatever mode that could help, there's no mode at all in the settings menu.

So eitherway, when I use the TV normally (not on pc), the image quality is WAY WAY WAY WAY better like what an HDMI should deliver, so what the hell?

SeroChan

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2013

But there are a lot of people I know that use their FHDTVs on their PC's and let me tell you it looks damn great

Well I use a 37" Samsung here. All be it at 60Hz mind you.

It`s down to the quality of the LCD tv used.
If it was fuzzy at 1080p, then it`s likely the tv is only capable of using a 720p progressive scan image as it maximum 60Hz.
And for 1080 resolution it was using interlaced mode or 1080i. Interlaced is half of the overall screen resolution displayed.
Odd or even lines are omitted in interlaced mode giving a poor screen image.

In that mode text is blurred on the screen, and it looks very poor and undefined SeroChan.
I would check it was not running in interlaced mode at 1080 resolution. it would be running at 30Hz if the case if 1080i mode.

Right clicking on the desktop and screen resolutions, then advanced settings and the list all modes tab for resolution capability.

Latest posts