Help! 144hz External monitor connected to laptop(gpu 870m) stuck at 60hz (yes im using displayport)

ryanc522

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
What the title says. I bought an Acer VG248QE that is at 144hz and connected it to my laptop but the hz is stuck at 60.

Solution
Right click desktop then go Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings (with monitor highlighted) > Display Adapter properties (scroll down) > Monitor Tab

Try change refresh rate there if not then I've recently had similar problems and you should download the latest drivers for your card from nVidia and when installing select "Clean Install". These two solutions have helped many people. Additionally I've heard in nVidia Control Panel you can set up custom resolutions (with frame rates) if the option isn't available elsewhere.

Good Luck

tommy94

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Right click desktop then go Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings (with monitor highlighted) > Display Adapter properties (scroll down) > Monitor Tab

Try change refresh rate there if not then I've recently had similar problems and you should download the latest drivers for your card from nVidia and when installing select "Clean Install". These two solutions have helped many people. Additionally I've heard in nVidia Control Panel you can set up custom resolutions (with frame rates) if the option isn't available elsewhere.

Good Luck

Solution